Meadowridge is an independent, non-denominational co-educational school offering an IB education for students ages 3 to 17 (JK to 12), in Maple Ridge, B.C. We are accredited by many agencies (provincial, national, and international) and we work rigorously to provide a world class education. More importantly, we seek to help children reach their potential in an environment of care where they are dignified and treated with kindness.
Our mission is to “learning to live well with others and for others in a just community”.
Our Maintenance Department is recruiting for an enthusiastic individual to fill a full-time year-round position as Custodian. Successful candidates require an understanding of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products and equipment and the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products.
As the successful candidate, you will be professional in nature and will have strong communication skills. You are energetic, dedicated to service excellence and enjoy working in a fast paced team environment.
The duties will include but are not limited to:
- Previous custodial experience required
- Previous maintenance experience required
- ‘Manlift’ experience an asset
- Reliable personal transportation, valid driver’s license
- Basic computer skills [Word, Outlook]
- Ability to work in a school environment, with minimal supervision
- Good organizational skills
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and strong attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills in English (verbal, written, comprehension)
- A high level of self-motivation and dependability
Requirements and Qualifications
- Completion of Grade 12, a Building Service Worker (BSW) certificate and one year of relevant work experience
- Able to follow verbal directions
- Ability to work well alone, or with a partner or team
- Reliable and punctual with a dedicated professionalism to job and duties
- Able to assist team members with cleaning duties when needed
- Pays attention to detail
- Organized and able to follow a schedule
- Ability to lift up to 50 to 75 pounds
- Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, and walk during daily routine, with ability to stand for long lengths of time
- Previous experience cleaning preferred; training will be provided
- Able to work evenings and occasional weekends
Working at Meadowridge
At Meadowridge, you won't just be 'coming to work' each day. You will be building a successful career in an organization that genuinely cares about its employees and their success.
In recognition of your hard work and dedication, you will receive an attractive remuneration package, plus a great range of benefits, including:
- Free financial planning and advice
- A personal development allowance
- Additional 5% of salary for use towards benefits
- RRSP contributions of 4% of salary
- RRSP matching of up to 5% of salary after year 1
- Monthly staff get-togethers and birthday celebrations
- End of year, start of year and Christmas parties
This is a unique opportunity to join a team of a community-driven company, at an exciting time. Furthermore, you will enjoy being part of a working environment that promotes personal and professional growth in an atmosphere of trust, respect, and collaboration.
Don't miss this opportunity to develop your skills and experience with our growing organization. Apply today! Please submit a cover letter and resume.