PYP PHE Teacher
Our classrooms are located on a large campus with a 10-acre forest proximal to the classrooms. Our students experience the world by doing. Our physical spaces reflect the importance of movement, play and interaction with the outdoors. Doors from classrooms provide access to natural spaces, including a community garden, green houses, a trail network and soon, a camp ground. Our play spaces are vast and take into consideration of the developmental needs of children.
The IB Continuum is well-established at our school. Many of our faculty are IB Academy Trainers. Instructional excellence is supported by a PYP IB Coordinator (0.5 FTE) & Continuum Director of Teaching & Learning. There are approximately 266 students in the PYP. We are an IB World Continuum School. So, the IB Learner Profile is our guide for character development, inquiry is our central approach to learning and we really believe in the promise of education to create a better world. We are accredited by the Council of International Schools which compliments well the global perspective inherent in the IB.
Meadowridge School seeks a visionary, passionate, organized and hard-working PYP PHE Teacher for the 2019/2020 School Year. The position is salaried and full-time (1.0 FTE). Remuneration is superior for this position and working conditions are as well. You will find the environment to be fun, friendly and supportive of your efforts.
- plan and deliver the core program requirements for their respective grade
- collaboratively plan and deliver International Baccalaureate (IB) Units that incorporate the BC curriculum
- monitor and support student’s academic, co-curricular, and personal growth
- nurture each child to discover their own talents, sense of purpose, sense of self and inner strength
- make an active contribution to our extensive co-curricular programs, and participate fully in the culture of our independent school community
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education specializing in PHE
- A valid BC teaching certificate (or eligibility to obtain)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) training and IB experience preferred
- Experience teaching at an independent school environment, an asset
- Must be highly collegial and a collaborative team player willing to work on parallel programming with grade partner
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to establish connections with students, parents and colleagues
- A strong aptitude in differentiated learning styles and a passion for educating the whole student
- Demonstrated commitment to integrating technology purposefully to transform learning
- Strong knowledge of inquiry-based and project-based learning approaches
- Demonstrated passion for innovation and creativity in education
- Highly reflective and committed to continuous professional growth and improvement
We are an exemplary employer – providing a fun, engaging and supportive place to work! Meadowridge School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.