Retail Store Associate
Meadowridge School seeks a skilled, passionate, and inspiring temporary Retail Sales Associate from June to mid-September to work in our uniform store. The Retail Sales Associate, under the direction of the Retail Store Manager, is primarily responsible for greeting customers and providing guidance on where they may find items within the store. The Retail Sales Associate will generate sales, advise customers on the use and care of merchandise, and provide advice concerning products. This role will participate in merchandising and promotional activities and must always maintain a high level of customer service. Remuneration for this position is superior, and the working environment is known to be fun, friendly, and supportive.
Meadowridge is an independent, co-educational, secular day school offering an IB education to over 670 students ages 4 to 17 (JK to 12). The school campus is located on a 27-acre, forested parcel of land on the outskirts of Maple Ridge, BC. Our campus and facilities have been carefully designed to align with our connection and appreciation of the natural world. Our physical spaces reflect the importance of movement, play and interaction with the outdoors. Exterior doors from classrooms provide quick access to natural spaces, including a community garden, green houses, a forest with a trail network, and a newly developed campground area. Our play spaces are vast and take into consideration the developmental needs of children.
Meadowridge is also an accredited, IB continuum world school with a well-established Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Program (MYP), and Diploma Programme (DP). Our teaching faculty are highly trained IB educators, with a growing number of IB Workshop Academy leaders on staff. The IB Learner Profile provides the foundation for character development at our school, while the IB Approaches to Teaching allow for continued pedagogical growth and reflection of our teachers.
In addition to being an IB world school, we are also accredited by the Canadian Accreditation of Independent Schools (CAIS), and the British Columbia Ministry of Education. These organizations compliment the global perspective that is inherent in the IB program, while also helping to ensure we maintain a current and relevant world-class educational experience.
- Greet Customers and provide guidance on where they may find items within the store.
- Generate sales.
- Advise customers on the use and care of merchandise and provide advice concerning products.
- Participate in merchandising and promotional activities.
- Maintain a high level of customer service.
- Prepare merchandise for purchase.
- Assist with setting up merchandise displays.
- Maintain sales records for inventory control.
- Operate computerized inventory recordkeeping and re-ordering systems.
- Work in partnership with store manager to maximize store sales and in-store presence.
- Ensure accuracy in all transactions, inventory, and procedures.
- Participate in all manner of store maintenance.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge.
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanour, and attitude at all times.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Motivated and creative team player.
- Experience in retail sales preferred.
- Strong knowledge of retail sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self-motivation, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
This is a temporary position for the months of June to mid-September. All statutory holidays are observed, and the Store is open Monday to Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM.
We are an exemplary employer – providing a fun, engaging and supportive place to work! Meadowridge School offers a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume, a cover letter and the names and numbers of at least two current references.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.